Thursday, November 5, 2009

Change of plan.


Ok, kids, here's the scoop.  Finances are running super lean over here at Casa de la Gott.  So instead of concentrating on NaNoWriMo, a large part of the cranium will be put to use overhauling the old Etsy shop and trying to bring in some greenbacks for the holidays.  

I hope to still get at least reach the half way point with the novel that I have started by the end of the month but most of my free time will be put into crafting and farting art.  Or arting farts.  Whatever sells.

Speaking of the novel, I got my first rejection!  Cool!  It was a really good experience because she brought to light something that I think I knew but didn't want to admit - I don't write freely.  When I write I worry about sounding professional, about offending the family, about whether or not my hip friends will think it's cool and if the Hubby will be miserable and rolling his eyes while he reads it.  I write scared and that is no way to work.

The question is how to get away from doing that.  It's a default setting and I have a difficult time turning it off.  But there are two writing blogs that I read daily and they have both recently talked about ignoring your internal critic during your first draft.  I think that I have been letting my internal editor run the show and that my work has been altered because of it.  The best parts of all of my work are when I write what I see without changing it for someone else's benefit.  

So there is my plan for now - I will craft until I drop and then write.  Plus work and take care of the house and kids.   And the broken legged Hubby.  I might even find time to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment