Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The home stretch!


After going through another bout of "I'll never be published, I stink as a writer, I'm wasting my time, blah, blah, blah...", I am seriously excited to be so close to finishing my revision. Life and family health problems have eaten into my writing time lately but I am fairly confident that I will be able to query by the end of the month. I'm still aiming for The Knight Agency! As a matter of fact, I'm beginning to like them so much that I think I might hit them up more than once if they reject me. Maybe after three rejections I'll move on to my next choice.

The first agency that I queried, oh so long ago, doesn't count. I picked them out of excitement rather than research and gut instinct, I totally fell for slick talking. As a matter of fact, I remember telling Hubby that I wasn't sure why I was querying them since I didn't think I liked them. But they seemed like players and I was thinking that players make good money. Now I'm looking to form a relationship with someone that I can work well with. Hubby has a great agent, has worked with her for eight years, and I'm hoping to have the same thing.

Right now, I am finishing the beginning and end to my story. (It's kindof funny how I go back and forth even in the middle of writing the scenes.) As soon as I'm done with that I'll print it out, hit it with a red pen and then throw it on out there. I have high hopes, it's a good story with some great spots, but I am new and I know that it's not all great spots. So I'll send it in and start on another story. If my theory that every story is a learning experience and hopefully a little better than the last then it'll be even better than this one.

Well, I have appointments and errands to do. I'm going to need to work hard for the next week to carve out writing time but I feel motivated to do it. I feel good. Hopeful, even!

2 comments: