Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finding happy...


I was surprised to find that it had been so long since my last post.  Summer is in full swing and when I'm not busy, I'm recovering.  A couple of times I went out to write for an hour or so and found that I just couldn't settle down enough to do it.  My brain is full of plans, guilt over stuff that I have put off, school supply lists, clothing inventory for the kids and grocery lists. 

 But underneath it all is my story.  

It would actually be nice if I could mentally put the story away for awhile, it's a little tiring to never have mental silence.  But this is a story that must be told, must be written.  She won't let me go no matter how hard I try.  Four times now I have written first chapters and it's never right.  She shakes her head and mutters that she isn't a Mary Jane that learns who she is only after death.  Also, she may not be from 1956.  Now she whispers of Tesla and crazy scientists, of the best deaths for a zombie to consume and why.  Also, we talk about love.  Who loves a zombie?  Why would a zombie bother with love?  What about the physicality of love?  I'm not all sure yet.  Well, I am sure of one thing - she absolutely will not let me get this wrong.  Her story will be told her way and she is willing to wait until the kids are in school and I have the proper amount of time to devote to her.  

But she won't wait silently.  That would be too easy....

No comments:

Post a Comment