Friday, May 29, 2009

Nothin' a little Whedon can't fix!


My, oh my, today had been busy.  Got a haircut, took my daughter out for a little fun, made progress in the story, went to a end of the year formal dinner for my son's third grade class.  I'm a bit fried right now, but it's nothing a little Serenity watching on the couch with my yummy hubby won't cure.

The story is going well.  The scene that I was writing this afternoon was so creepy that I had a heart attack when my daughter sneaked into my office.  She just stood there quietly watching me.  I catch something out the corner of my eye and jump out of my skin.  Poor girl got a bit of a snappy warning from me.  But come on - I'm writing about a creepy little demon minion that parades around in the guise of a cute little red headed three year old boy and then there's a cute little four year old (luckily not red headed) silently watching me?  There is only so much that my poor little heart can take!

Alright, back to the couch and the delectable Mal.  (Sorry hubby, you're totally delectable, too.) Tomorrow morning I'm getting up super early to write.  Bonus:  I am liking the male character more and more.  Actually, all of my characters are turning out to be awesome.  I hope that it's a good sign and not a red flag for the first part of my book being dry or overly simple.  Oh well, that's what getting rejected by publishers is for.  I'm sure they'll give me a hint about areas that I need to work on.

One more thing, I didn't get the appointment with the agent that I wanted, she's booked.  Total bummer.  Does anyone know if it's bad form to slip her my manuscript on a CD if I meet her?

Six days left!  Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment