Thursday, May 28, 2009

Seven days and counting...


Here we go, boys and girls!  Last night I learned that extreme adrenaline highs make for poor writing.  I just couldn't settle down enough to write.  Too much squealing, not enough story making.

 Today has been better though.  I find that one of my biggest problems is that I just don't like sitting and typing for very long.  Isn't that helpful in trying to start a writing career?  I find that about once an hour I want to not only get up and walk around, but change my scenery.  I'm like a nomadic writer.  I want to drive all over in the course of a writing day.  Coffee shop, library, lunch out, different coffee shop.  It can get expensive if I'm not careful.  (Yes, hubby, I know you're reading and nodding.)

Well, today I have gotten two chapters done and mostly done with a third.  Went to yoga class and aligned my chi or whatever, and got my highlights redone.  I plan on writing late into the night and doing it again tomorrow.  I feel hopeful that I'll finish in time for the Get Together.  

Speaking of which, I had pretty much thought that making an appointment with an agent was the best choice because they can shop you to various publishers.  The lovely Lynn Viehl backed me up (Thanks!) and I'm in the process of setting up my 12 minutes in the limelight.  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment