Sunday, June 14, 2009

Glittering Cloud...Not just a kick-ass song.


My friends are moving and needed someone to watch their kids.  So their three and seven year old girls came to play with my four year old and thus my plans for writing a killer query for an agent died.  *Moment of silence*

It's all good though, these are good friends that we will soon see much less of and whom we will miss.  I would never pass up the opportunity to help them during, what has turned out to be, a very stressful move.  Plus, it was good for the kids to play somewhere that had toys available instead of stacks of boxes.  

We painted, we glittered, they splashed in a little pool, crashed around like linebackers in my daughter's room and generally did little girlie girl things.  It was great, but my entire house now sparkles in a coating of pink and silver glitter that shows no sign of leaving anytime soon.  

Oh well, hopefully the agent that I choose for my, sure to be awesome, query will have a sense of humor.  Maybe, they will be charmed by the iridescent sheen on the paper.  After all, originality counts for something, right?  I mean, what sets me apart from Stephen King?  Glitter paper, that's what.  

So yeah, today was great.  Now I have a gimmick to go with my talent.  A neon sign to point the way to the main attraction, if you will.  If it works for the good people of Reno, Nevada- it can work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment