Friday, June 26, 2009

Using the green eyed monster


I have a huge case of the Big Green Ugly.  It's not pretty and I'm not proud of it, but I do intend to use it.  

My friend is doing reeeally well with her writing.  She has earned it, she works her butt off for it and is very talented.  But I am stuck in Mommy Summer Schedule and can't hardly find the time to blog a short post let alone write.  It's an excuse, but a legitimate one.  You need to write to grow and progress, kids need care and attention.  These two things are a difficult mix when school is out.  In later years, it will be easier to just take the summer off or make sure that I have a very light work load.  But for right now, when I am trying to establish myself - torture.  I keep thinking, "We could afford the new swing set if Mommy sold a book which will never happen if I never have time to write!"

Oh well, I can't really change any of this right now.  But I can turn my jealousy into motivation and planning.  That way, when the kids go to school in the fall I will be ready to work.  Full of writing mojo and enthusiasm, I will succeed!  

Unless the money is tight and I need to find a paying job....   Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment