Sunday, June 28, 2009

I have found her!


Okay, I have hammered out the basic plot and beginning of my next story.  I won't give details, but it's about a zombie girl and her quest to find love and live flesh in the modern world.

I was having problems with the story veering into horror instead of just dark but fun, it was seriously frustrating.  So I decided to find pics of the girl, the guy and maybe a few other characters, then make a playlist from itunes.  I haven't used pictures before, but having a playlist was reeeeally helpful when I wrote Elemental.  I never wrote a word without the playlist going to keep me solid in tone.  I haven't decided what should be on a zombie romance playlist, but I do know that it will more than likely solve my problem.  

Actually, I like the pictures so much that I think I'll find some for Elemental to help with the revisions.  I am so visual, I don't know how I didn't think of this earlier!  

Anyway, here she is...Mary Jane Baker.  Yes, the Mary Jane part is intentional.  No one wants their character to be a Mary Jane, they're helpless victims and are always waiting to be saved.  But that's how she became a zombie - waiting for a hero.  Maybe as an undead she can learn to be her own.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment